2 Day Course- Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017 – Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017
The field, the court, and the arena are the proving grounds of sport-specific athletes. Training is an athlete’s vessel to game-day performance, and an athlete will never rise to the occasion—he or she will fall to the level of training.
The Sport-Specific Application Course is designed to equip coaches and athletes with the tools necessary to train for performance in specific sports.
Participants will spend two days with 10-year NFL veteran John Welbourn and his team of performance coaches as they detail a range of topics including strength development for sport, programming for known domains, eating for performance and effective assessment tools.
Participants will experience drills that include effective warm-ups, sprinting and agility work, and strength- and power-oriented barbell movements, and attendees should be prepared for a highly charged, supportive environment that helps create the mindset necessary for unlocking potential.
Graduates of the Sport-Specific Application Course will have a sound foundation in:
- Effective ways to utilize the CrossFit method and CrossFit facilities for sport-specific athletes.
- How to implement the Sport-Specific Application strength-and-conditioning templates in a gym or team environment.
- How to “unlock” hidden potential when using the assessments and warm-up progressions.
- Developing athletic and coaching competency in the major barbell movements for sports: the squat, deadlift, bench press and power clean.
- Developing peak acceleration, speed and agility.
- Recovery methods to enhance performance.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUS)
Upon successful completion of this course, a Certified CrossFit Trainer may claim 14 CEUs towards their continuing education.
Register at: https://crossfit.regfox.com/ssatampafeb2017
CrossFit does not accommodate refunds or transfers.
Email email@example.com for discounts for military personnel and law enforcement officers.